DALMALLY HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION | Welcome
What are we about?
- Promoting local history & archaeology of Glenorchy & Inishail Parish.
- Researching – Parish Records, old manuscripts & archaeological surveys.
- Publishing local history books, journals & papers.
- Archiving Materials & Information, & recorded inscriptions of the burial grounds of the parish.
- Organising – Tours around around historic sites, trips further afield, informal talks, Movie nights, Social events that profile history. Archaeological digs.
- Exhibiting [annually at the Dalmally Show].
Dalmally village was established by the first Lord of Glenorchy, Sir Colin Campbell and started as a settlement serving the nearby historic Kilchurn Castle. Nowadays, Dalmally is a popular tourist destination surrounded by lochs, rivers, mountains and beautiful scenery with plenty of shops and amenities including hotels, holiday accommodation, places to eat and railway station operating on the Glasgow to Oban line.Visit Scotland
“I discovered myself through traveling. Azerbaijan taught me how to love humanity. Scotland taught me how to fight for humanity.”Fuad Alakbarov